Monday, July 13, 2009

Internship Description



This summer, I interned at the Law Office of Matthew Pavone as a legal assistant. I worked closely with Matt's paralegal, Laura Benge. She helped me get acquainted with everything in the office, explained my duties, taught me about the office, and introduced me to new projects. While interning, a few of the things I did on the job were copying and scanning documents, filing (both on the computer using the Docuware Scanner and hardcopy filing), organizing binders in chronological order, and setting up new files.

During my first day of the internship, I was introduced to many law books. My first assignment
was to update reference books by taking out old versions of specific pages and replacing them with new, updated pages. Since there were a ton of books in the office, the updates were sent at different dates, and therefore this job continued throughout my internship. In addition, I had several other ongoing projects during my time with Matt and Laura, such as Docuware filing and creating indexes and/or labels for files.

No comments:

Post a Comment